Google chrome downloads something in the background without notifying us. This is nothing but the updates it downloads time to time to keep us safe and introduce new features.
If you want to get rid of it just follow these steps-
- Open 'RUN' console by pressing Windows Key+R.
- Type 'msconfig' in the RUN box and hit Enter buton.
- From The Msconfig menu click on the 'Services' option.
- From there find out the two Google update services named- Google update service(gupdate), Google update service(gupdatem).
- Unmark these two and click on 'Apply'.
- Then 'Ok'.
This should stop Google chrome auto-update.